Common questions that Boston Terrier owners may find themselves asking are::
- Should I buy a harness or dog collar for my Boston Terrier?
- How do I correctly measure my Boston Terrier?
- What is the best harness for a Boston Terrier?
Don't worry, keep on reading as we will answer these questions for you.
Should I buy a harness or dog collar for my Boston Terrier?
Do you find that your Boston Terrier pulls on the leash?
Or do you find that your Boston Terrier lunges forward?
Either way, if you own a Boston Terrier you should always choose a harness over a dog collar. Using a dog collar will strain your dog's neck and airways. This is because a dog collar will apply all of the force on your puppy's neck and choke them whereas a harness is a much safer option for your puppy as it spreads the force evenly across your dog's chest allowing your dog to still feel comfortable on walks.
How do I correctly measure my Boston Terrier?
Choosing a harness that fits snuggly on your Boston Terrier is extremely important. If the harness is loose, not only may it be possible for your dog to get free, but it will be uncomfortable for them as it will be constantly rubbing against their skin. This won't happen if you learn how to correctly measure your Boston Terrier.
The easiest way to correctly measure your Boston Terrier is to use a measuring tape. A measuring tape allows your easily and accurately measure across your dog's chest and neck. Make sure when measuring their chest that you choose the broadest part of the chest. This is usually found directly behind the armpits of your puppy. Make sure not to pull too tightly around their chest and neck with the measuring tape as you want to ensure that the harness is a snug fit.
By having accurate measurements of your Boston Terrier's chest and neck, you will be able to choose a harness that is within 2 inches (approximately 5 cms) of your Boston Terrier's measurements.
If you are ever struggling to decide between two sizes, always go for the larger size.
What Is The Best Harness For A Boston Terrier?
By the time your Boston Terrier is 8 weeks old and ready to go for a walk, you should make sure that you have a harness ready for them. That way, your Boston Terrier will get used to the harness right from the get-go.
Here are our choices of the best harnesses for a Boston Terrier:
- GREAT FOR PULLERS: The Front Range features two leash attachment points: one on the chest up front for more control when your pup's still training, and one on the back for more relaxed walks.
- A STRONG CONNECTION: The aluminium attachment rings are reinforced with webbing, providing a safe and durable connection.
- HASSLE-FREE HARNESS: The Front Range Harness is designed to slip over your dog's head and stay secure with side-release buckles, making it easy to gear up and get out there.
- DESIGNED FOR DOGS: The padded chest and belly panel offers all-day comfort for extended walks, runs, and hikes. Get a customizable fit for your pup with four points of adjustment.
- THOUGHTFUL FEATURES: Tuck ID tags into the built-in pocket for collar-free adventures. With reflective trim, you and your dog can get out earlier and stay out longer.
- Stylish, Durable, Scratch-Resistant oxford material outer layer. Lightweight Duraflex Buckle with large loading capacity which greatly improves tensile strength. (Orange, Medium) Fits Chest Size 22-27 Inches
- Ergonomic Design ensures Ease of Use putting on and taking off Harness. Comfortable Lightweight Mesh Lining with Soft Sponge Padding in chest and belly
- To Adjust Straps: Push then Pull Straps through "Truelove" Buckle for Custom Fitting. Two Leash Attachment Points: Zinc-alloy D-ring on dog's back and webbing with Zinc-alloy O-ring on dog's chest
- Safety Features include Nylon Webbing with 3M Reflective material for Good Visibility at night and Sturdy Handle for Easy Seat Belt Attachment while riding in your car
- HEAVY-DUTY & DURABLE: Harness set is made of heavy-duty and durable material. The high quality plastic buckle fastens the two D rings on harness securely, and the stainless steel clasp that hooks on the harness firmly to provide you the best control on your pets.
- SUPER SOFT & COMFORTABLE: Double high-density nylon layers + A grade PVC cotton padding reduce tugging and pulling on your pets’ neck, providing your pets’ the most comfortable feeling.
- ADJUSTABLE & ANTI-TWIST: Adjustable straps allow a custom fit for your dogs. And The double cord in the front chest can keep the harness staying still on your dogs. Not only non-slip but also escape resistant. And please make sure to measure the chest circumference as well as the girth of your pets before ordering.
- STYLISH & UNIQUE DESIGN: With orange contrast stitching on one side and vibrant black on the other, this dog leash harness has an eye-catching and stylish look, which can make your dog standing out of every occasion.